Friday, September 25, 2015

Eyes Wide Open and Ready to Go

A lot of times, as you find in the Gospels, ministry doesn't always take place in church, or according a planned schedule.  Many of the teachings and miracles of Jesus took place when he was going from one place to another.  As I have been learning and working on this I have found it to be very true. Today I went to the hospital to help a Nehemiah girl be treated, but while I was there I saw a patient I met a week ago being readmitted. She was swollen all over, revealing she is in renal failure.  She is young, probably in her 30s, and a lesbien.  A friend and I prayed together for her when we met last week.  So here she is today, and the way she look, I thought, "She doesn't have long for this world."  So with Annamae translating we shared with her the love of Jesus, and how He offers us forgiveness and the gift of Himself if we will receive Him. We asked her if she wanted Jesus, and wanted to follow Him the rest of her days.  She was hungry to say "Yes".  Right there, in front the busy ER, while she was sitting in the triage seat, we prayed together and lead her into the His Kingdom, and prayed for her healing.  I felt the presence of God all around.  He is so over joyed to welcome her into the family. With our eyes open, our hearts soft, and our faith in hand ready to seize the moment, it is great to see what the Lord can do. Please continue to pray for her! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment