Thursday, October 27, 2016

Day 12



Starting off the day with a fresh start I decided to salvage the remaining good pieces of of the bikes: seat, handlebars, and brake pads. While struggling with it, my friend came back from his five minute errand and opened up the garage door.  "Can you help me get this undone," I said trying to do a three armed job with two.  He looked at me and said, "Why are you messing with those old bikes when you can ride your new ones," pointing to two brand new bikes next to his truck.  After being stunned, these questions popped out of my mouth, "Wait...how...ahh.. how did you get those in 5 minutes? NO WAY! Are you kidding me? Uh a." I went and got Patti also, only watch her go through the same emotions of shock, gratefulness, and blessing that I had just went through.  
Then it was my friend's turn.  He went in the house and opened up a check that came to him in the mail from a mistake someone had made a while ago and was now paying him back.  He was surprised and had no idea about it. So now he was shocked and blessed while wearing a smile. After good-byes to him and his wife, we drove three hours to our next stop to see other friends of ours from way back.  We were able to see our first snow in many years and the amazing fall colors of the northwest.  


Driving up to their house at dusk was a welcomed site, because my body was and is getting tired of this traveling. Being welcomed by warm hugs, warm house, and warm food is more than I deserve but I appreciate greatly and enjoy. What a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment