Saturday, July 25, 2015

The Short and Long of It

Having being involved in both classic short-term and long-term missions, I can say this, both are needed.  We have been living on foreign soil for over ten years now and 7 of it has been here in the Philippines.  But even in the middle of this long-term work, there are short-term things that we do. We sometimes go up to the mountains and share and give bibles.  We occasionally go do disaster relief or a medical outreach.  Both are so important, and in my opinion I can say that the long-term stuff is harder.  They are both hard but when you can't walk away or see a finish line any where in sight it can be tough.  The other day one of the guys that I have invested in the last seven years, came to me and told me he is where he is at today because of God's influence through me.  After the rough day I had today, I needed to be reminded of that, knowing it is really worth the investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment